Sunday, July 7, 2013

Lake Powell Day 4-Going Home

Saturday signaled the day to head back to reality. The plan was to get up and play until lunch then head for home but when we got up the wind was blowing!!! So we decided to pack up and head for home a little early.


This year was a little different we usually have periods of time with not great weather but usually not as frequently as this year. We still had a great time but definitely didn't get the playing in like we usually do. On the way down I wondered if we had made the right decision taking the trailer seeing as it costs us more in gas to get it there and back. But on the trip home Matt and I had the same conversation we had had on the way down and decided unless we left the beach we probably wont go back without a trailer again. It was so nice to have a cool place for the kids to nap and while everyone else was cleaning sand out of all their stuff I had a clean non sandy place to put my kids to bed. I love boating and love that my family loves it too. I love Lake Powell and can't wait to go again....maybe we could even get a fall trip in this year who know I guess we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment