Thursday, July 25, 2013

Let the Boating Begin

My parents have given us a great opportunity and brought the boat to Northern Utah for us & Nic & Kyle to us. It will stay at Nic's on their extra concrete pad where it has a good/safe place. We couldn't wait to use it so for the 24th of July we woke up early and headed to East Canyon to boat with Nic & Ky. We got there about 9am hoping to avoid the crowd and it worked but the weather was a little on the chilly side. When we pulled in it was 61 degrees. I was worried we hadn't brought warm enough clothes but with the girls still in their pjs they were ok but for next time I will take some sweats just in case. Nic was brave enough to go first while Matt and I got the hang of driving the boat. The kids are learning they have to stay sitting on their bums so no one gets hurt and boating not only means fun but also lots of treats.
 The kids were crazy and wanted to get in the water until they got in then decided sitting on the back deck  with their feet in the water was a better idea.
 We each took turns wake boarding and worked out some of the details of how we will handle the finances and particulars for the boat while the kids put their feet in off the back.

By lunch time we headed for the marina and to find some lunch . We made lunch and got the boat switched over to the suburban then headed for home the girls didn't even make it 5 minutes and they looked like this.
We are so excited for the fun and memories we will be able to make with the boat. I have always loved boating and can't wait to share that love with my little family. The boat at this moment is parked where I can see it out my front window and every time I see it I get excited. Matt and I have talked about buying a boat or a trailer when the time presents itself but we have always had hesitations with a trailer and last night as I saw the boat out the front window I realized what it was that made the boat so much different. Im not a camper...never have been...probably never will be. A trailer to me is convenient but doesn't symbolizes fun now a boat on the other hand symbolizes hours of memories and fun. We are so excited to use the boat and do something as a family that no matter how many kids we have or their age difference that we can always boat together...because after all being together is what family is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment