Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Life as of Lately

I feel like I haven't blogged in quite a while but I don't have much to blog about. Life is busy but not much fun is going on. I feel like most of the time I am left as a single mom. Matt seriously is working so hard for us!  Right now he is working his "normal" 9-5 job then Mon, Wed, and Thurs he heads to Weber to teach 2 nights and attend class the other. On top of that he has been traveling a lot and when I say a lot I mean like every other week. Then on the weekends he coaches Hallie's soccer team. To say I'm proud of him is an understatement but Im so ready for May to come when he will graduate and we can establish a new normal! Then we will have all summer with no teaching or school...I can hardly wait. I keep telling Matt that my life would temporarily be a lot easier if I didn't love him so darn much. I miss him a lot! I miss his support to me emotionally mostly. I miss watching him interact with the girls and the way he makes them and me laugh but Im seeing the light at the end of the tunnel come graduation and the end of the semester in May! I think I can I think I can. Then we are hoping that it feels right to sell our house and build like we have wanted to for a very long time.
Hallie is loving kindergarten and is excelling. She is at the top of her class and has picked up on reading so quickly I can hardly believe how quickly she is learning. She is extremely observant and completely my big helper. About a week into the school year we ran into her teacher, Ms. Hansen, at Target she was with her husband. Hallie asked why she was called Ms. Hansen if she was married. I don't know many 4 year olds that would pick up on something like that. She is loving soccer and Matt is loving that she loves soccer...lol. Her favorite food is Nachos. Favorite color is rainbow or "Elsa" blue depending on the day. She is still a tiny petite thing. She wears a size 4-5 pants/ shirts mostly for the length. She still naps most days but some days says she isn't tired and will just read, quietly play, or watch a show while Gracie sleeps. She also sleeps 12 hours at night! My life wouldn't run nearly as smooth without her she really is my right hand girl.
Gracie is growing more quickly than I would like. Her vocabulary is amazing and says pretty much anything and everything. She loves to learn and likes to do her alphabet flashcards on a regular basis. I can regularly find her in her room "reading" to herself. She can count to 15 and likes to think she can sound out words like her sister. She is a very happy and silly kids...brightens my day everyday. She has a sense of humor much like Matt and I love it. She naps 1x a day for usually 2-3 hours and also sleeps 12 hours at night! She loves her big girl bed and we are just getting ready to move her downstairs with Hallie so we can give Nic back her twin bed. She is usually a great eater. She still pulls labels off of water bottles and likes to pull her hair elastics out while she is napping. I just love her fun and spunky self.
As for me I feel like Im constantly trying to organize or rearrange this house to have more storage space at the moment. Now that the bathrooms are updated we are planning on building a closet or some more shelves so we can organize things a little better. I love being home with the kids though at times it is hard. I feel like it is my calling in life, what I have always been meant to do. Although occasionally getting out to go to work is nice once in awhile. I spend most of my time just enjoying the kids. I love to watch them play, learn, and explore. Although life is hard at times and I may not make the time to blog or take pictures about everyday stuff. I love my life even through the rough days. I feel so blessed to have the life I do and the people I have in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment