Friday, January 9, 2015

Heading Home--SLC Bound

By the time Sunday came around everyone was exhausted and ready to head for home. I was feeling at the point I wanted structure and stability back in my life since the last couple weeks have been anything but. We bailed on church and stayed home to pack as well as make lunch so we could eat with everyone before catching our flight. After everyone got home from church we took a few pictures and got on the road so we had time to get there and get everything situated. We got our stuff checked and grabbed some more food realizing we wouldn't be in Salt Lake until after dinner time. Unfortunately this flight was full so the girls both sat with me and Matt just across the isle from us. Gracie was already asking as we went through security if she could sleep on the plane and it didn't take long for her to settle in for the ride home we were all pretty tired. And once again she slept the entire ride home. 

The flight was pretty bumping getting back into salt lake with the storm front still in place in Salt Lake which made Hallie a little nervous but amazingly enough didn't even phase me! Other than that Matt and I visited while Hallie played with her toys.
When we landed in Salt Lake it was just about dark. It was cold and it smelled like Christmas I am always so grateful to be home once my feet are back on Utah ground. I really don't know that I would be as happy living somewhere else maybe someday we will find out. We got to our car and enjoyed heated seats and a movie for the remainder of the ride home. Matt got everything unpacked while I bathed the girls and got them ready for bed. But we didn't put our suitcases away because the next day held another adventure for us but for now we just enjoyed being home in our space sleeping in our own beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment