Thursday, January 15, 2015

New Year Life Happenings

So as we enter 2015 I want to update where our lives are at and what has been going on. We got moved in to our new place and are getting more settled all the time. The girls have adjusted so well and seem to love the new place. Im so glad we didn't pick a place that was 2 bedroom though I probably would be pulling my hair out. We have what seems like just the right amount of space but we will see if we feel the same way when this new little girl joins us. We have decided we are going to try having the girls share a room and in March will be getting bunk beds and getting everyone moved and settled before baby #3 makes her appearance.
Speaking of baby number 3 she is growing like a weed and we couldn't be happier. We are currently 21 weeks and I'm starting to look and feel prego. She has consistently been measuring 1-2 weeks ahead since the beginning I keep wondering if it is a blessing in disguise seeing as my ulcerlative colitis seems to always flare in the spring and my dr and I have already had the conversation if it gets to a point that she is no longer gaining weight she will be arriving earlier than her due date. She is pretty active multiple times a day. That has been really fun for the girls specifically Hallie. Gracie is a little concerned she isn't being nice to me since she is kicking me but Hallie is love with it. She seems to really like when Hallie reads so she has said she will read to her a lot when she gets here. We are all really excited. Im still pretty paranoid about her being ok but finally gave in and ordered her some clothes yesterday. I got all the girls for next fall Matt just laughed and handed me the credit card although I think there is some sticker shock when it comes to dressing 3 girls especially if you want them dressed cute. I really think they have better wardrobes than I do. But it has been fun to see Hallie and Gracie develop their own sense of style and most days Hallie picks out and dresses herself. 

Hallie and Grace are both learning and growing so quickly they are both at such fun ages and have such different personalities that really complement each other. Hallie is loving kindergarten and is excelling in all that she does. She is such a great and willing helper. I see so much of me in her but she remains well balanced since she has some of her dad in her as well. She really only naps about 1x a week but still sleeps 12 hours at night which makes me realize she really is growing up. Its hard to believe that Matt and I have been parents for 5 years...where does the time go. Gracie is a ball of fun infectious energy. She just turned 3. She is so curious about life and the world around her. She says some of the funniest things. She is strong willed and very independent. Although both girls insist on growing up they still love to cuddle, watch shows, and read stories with me. At times I have to remind myself that they wont be this little forever and take a step back and enjoy the moments I have with them. With Matt being gone so much we have found a real place that works for us while he is gone.

January marked the beginning of Matt's last semester of his Masters program and our last time to pay tuition...at least for a while. I'm pretty burnt out on his schedule so I can only imagine how he feels. This semester he has class on Monday nights and teaches Tuesday nights. Then he travels on Wed and Thurs 3 weeks out of the month. There is rumor that as of May that there will be a staff position opening up at WSU. Matt currently loves his job although I don't remember a time I have ever been more unhappy with his job. The travel expectations were very down played when they offered him his position and I feel like they just keep requiring more and more of him without any compensation(not that that would fix the issue). So I'm really hoping he will consider applying for the position at WSU to help simplify our lives and his schedule. I know he is somewhat concerned because it will mean taking a small pay decrease as well as losing our car stipend. We got very spoiled that he was off from teaching/school/traveling for a month and it has been hard to go back him being gone all the time. I miss him terribly and even seeing him over the computer just isn't the same.  I feel like we have so many things to decide and discuss it makes it hard when he isn't here and is in a different time zone. Below is just a representation of how much Matt travels. We have reached companion status which means he flew so much this past year that this coming year I can fly any where with him for free!! This will work out nicely for a couple of things but with everything going on this year I don't know how much we will be flying. Which leads to my next point...the house building process.


It is an ongoing major project. We have been offering on multiple lots in Morgan county with what we think of as a pretty decent budget of 120000 but with the offers we are making they are basically getting thrown back in our faces while being laughed at. At first it didn't bother me but it got old really quickly. As of this week we have now expanded our search to south weber country to north davis county. Im hoping we can find a good fit for us but as Matt and I have found  we are very picky and don't do anything without a lot of thought. I think we have found the house plan. Matt has worked so hard to get something to where we want it.  I guess I hope in all the end of this that we end up somewhere we are more comfortable and find that all of this was worth it. 

I was lucky enough to not be scheduled at work for all of December which was pretty much a miracle but with everything that went on in Dec it was a huge blessing but ultimately it has come full circle in Jan. I am scheduled pretty much every 5 days throughout Jan. It has been hard and I get really tired. It has just been a good reminder that we never want to depend on my paycheck its more fun to just use it for fun stuff. Then if it is missing when I get called off for months at a time it doesn't even matter. It makes it all worth it when I come out of work to find sweet notes form Matt and the girls! They are awesome

But at the end of the day I feel very blessed to have a hubby I am completely in love with and to have 2 beautiful happy and healthy kids. Im grateful for all the blessings that are in my life and look forward to looking back at this time in our lives and seeing what we learned from this experience. I'm hoping that 2015 has a lot of great things in store for us. I'm already looking forward to welcoming this baby, Matt graduating, Matt finding a happy medium with whatever job he decides on, and hopefully moving into our dream home. I am also looking forward to looking back at this as one of my 1st posts of the year to see how far we have come and lived, learned, and grown together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment