Monday, February 8, 2016

Backsplash

While building the house there were a few thing put on the back burner because basically Matt and I were exhausted and tired of making decisions. By the time we got around to them the trade workers had already completed their work so we decided to complete them ourselves. The back splash was one of them. We had a hard time deciding on a back splash but finally found something we liked.
Matt started the accent piece Friday after work. He made some great progress. 
Saturday Matt had to go help a coworker fix a dishwasher counter so the girls and I finished getting the tile put on the wall. I have never ran a tile saw but it wasn't to bad and the girls were great help. By the time Matt got home we were pretty much finished. I love when I get a chance to try something new and see how impressed Matt is with me..lol. We then had to let it sit and ended up leaving it until Monday and then grouted it in. I think it turned out to be a great look for us.
I also took my counter pieces and painted them the accent colors. I think they add a great pop of color against the neutral tile. That way when we want to change it up it should be pretty easy




No comments:

Post a Comment