Monday, March 18, 2019

Surviving While Daddy's Gone

With the weather getting warmer it has been super nice to spend some time outside. Liam got to ride the 4-wheeler for the first time and seemed to like it since he slept the whole time. The girls all love the 4-wheeler. We also got the garage cleaned and organized after all the wet weather.
Liam is doing better hit or miss with his sleeping and when he does I feel like I need to run a million miles a minute to get as much done as possible. The house has started feeling very dirty to me and it has been in terrible need of a deep clean. I bought a steamer and cleaned the grout. It was so gross! I also noticed that we had never taken the protective covering off the dishwasher. Although now that I took it off I wish I wouldn't have since it was helping to protect against finger prints. I don't know that I would choose to go with stainless steel again for this exact reason.
At times when Liam wont sleep on his own I have to find creative ways to feed myself. Since I frequently walk around the island I will spread whatever I can around and eat as I walk with Liam. I feel like Ive gotten better at realizing this is but a short moment in time and I'm doing my best to enjoy all of it.
While Matt was gone I decided to try and smoke a turkey roast. To say it was a disaster would be putting it nicely. The outside ended up burnt and the inside was completely raw so we had frozen pizza instead. I had to laugh about it otherwise I would have just cried.  The following day I put in in the instant pot after cutting all the burnt off it and cooked it thru before making it into a casserole with broccoli and cheese. It was pretty good.
Emy is such a good help with Liam. Sometimes to much. I swear the statement said the most in this house is stop touching his hands and leave him alone.
Sometimes we do really well when Matt is gone and the time goes so quickly and other times the days seem to drag on and I really struggle. But weeks like the later seem to be getting farther and further apart. So although it isn't fun when Matt is gone we are dealing with it better.


No comments:

Post a Comment