Monday, June 28, 2021

Hallie Goes to Girls Camp

 Hallie had her 1st year at girls camp this year. I wasn't sure how I felt about it since the kids don't usually spend many nights away form the family but she was ready and so excited. Matt dropped her off at the church since I was at work. She called me on her way there and told me she had been up before her alarm because she couldn't wait. They were to a ranch outside of Heber city in the mountains where there is no cell service. They had a ton of activities and provided all of their meals...very different from the girls camp that I knew growing up.


Hallie called me after their first night and told me how terrible it had been because it was so cold. We had sent her with warm clothes, a good sleeping bag, and a blanket but her and most of the other girl hadn't slept much because they were so cold. I gather blankets out of our closet and started making a plan to get them to the girls. Shortly after I received a text from one of the leaders and they were arranging for someone to pick up warm clothes for all the girls. I took 16 blankets to the drop off and felt better that they would be taken care of. Hallie called me the next morning and thanked me for taking the time to get the girls the blankets. Other moms had dropped off warm clothes, sleeping bags, along with hats and gloves to help provide for the girls. I couldn't help but think about the pioneers and the people that went out to help them when they were struggling. I love our little community and how we all take care of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment