Tuesday, November 30, 2021

6462 Summit Cove-Mail box

 While Liam and I were painting the jazz note pieces we also stained the mailbox. I was so excited to get it put in place now that the yard was done.



Dunions were pouring concrete across the street and they happened to come to finish while Matt was out of town so that left me to frame the forms, track down some rebar, and get the concrete in the hole. I was a little intimidated but I did it. I went to a neighboring construction site and dug through their dumpster to find what I needed. I measure and cut it down to the sizes I needed and secured it with some concrete stakes. It wasn't perfect but I was so happy with how it turned out.


The Dunions used all the concrete they had ordered but the concrete guy said if I got a wheelbarrow I could have what came out of the pump truck. So I went to get a wheel barrow and shovel. I think the concrete guys felt bad for me so they grabbed some of their buckets and hauled the concrete down and put it in the forms for me. I went to grab the concrete tools to finish it. Although I don't think it was the best concrete job ever...I did it.








No comments:

Post a Comment