Friday, August 23, 2013

Lagoon Day

I don't know that summer is complete without a trip to Lagoon. We had been telling Hallie all summer we would get to Lagoon so we decided to go this past week. We were supposed to go on Tuesday but found out our great friends were going on Monday so Matt was able to trade days off so Monday morning we got up and packed. I was trying to get everything ready and turned around to find Gracie looking like this. She has learned how to climb up her rocking chair and get in her draws and i guess this is what she found. I couldn't help but laugh and take a picture.
Then we loaded up the suburban and off we went....we met up with Melissa and Ryan at the Carousel....which the girls loved by the way. And our Lagoon trip had begun. It was great to go with Ryan and Melissa because we could have partners to trade and take the kids on the little rides but more important was to have buddies for Matt to ride all the rides with. I'm not a huge ride rider I get super motion sickness so I have to pace myself so I don't ruin the entire day.




 After a bunch of rides we decided it was time for lunch. After lunch we rode more ride the egg beaters were one of Hallie favorites.
 While Ryan took the girls on the egg beaters I stayed with Gracie. She was getting a little whiny so I asked if she was tired...she said, "yeah binki, blankie." So I gave her them and she was out in no time.
 Hallie's favorite ride was the lady bug bop in the picture below its a smaller version on rocket
They had quite a few new rides since we were there last time. Hallie went with Melissa and Addie in the teacup because this was one of those rides that I wouldn't have lasted long spinning.
 Gracie and I took our own teacup and I let Gracie control the spinning so it was a great ride
 Hallie thought it was great that Gracie could ride with her on the ride
  Somehow Matt and Ryan(Ethan really wanted to go) got talked in to riding the cliff hanger and ended up pretty wet to say the least.
 Then we decided to give our aching legs a rest and took a train ride to see the animals. Gracie was so funny and would gasp every time she saw a new animal and excitedly point to it

Then we hit up Bambora which was another huge hit, Hallie rode it 4 times in a row with different people. And a handful of kids rides.
By then it was about 7:30pm we headed back and packed up our stuff and did a few more rides on the way to the car. Hallie cried when we left and asked if we could come back the next day...I guess we knew she had fun. We headed home about 8:30 for a quick bath and a late bedtime. But it was all worth it we had a great time and were so glad we changed our plans so we could go with Melissa and Ryan we SO wish they lived closer so we could see them more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment