Tuesday, September 3, 2013

1st Day of Preschool

 This year, after ALOT of discussing, we decided to put Hallie in "real" preschool. We and anticipating starting her in kindergarten next fall and wanted to have someone else let us know if they think she is ready in all aspects not just intellectually. She has been so excited and asked everyday for the last month if it was time to go to preschool. She is going to a place called Preschool Express pretty close to our house.  They take kids 3-5yrs old and have 3 classes but they don't separate them by age but by skill level and where they fit the best(this was a major plus for us). The week before the teachers did assessments to decided how to align the classes. I was thrilled when they said they were going to start Hallie with the 5 year olds! They anticipate by spring she should be reading and be more than ready academically for kindergarten. The one thing we have to work on is writing so it will be fun to see where it all goes. But anyways she was thrilled when the 1st day of school finally came. I had to wake her up to make sure she was ready and had time to eat breakfast. She goes Tues and Thurs from 9-11:30am. There are 2 other little boys in the ward that also are in her same class so its nice we can carpool. So the other 2 moms usually take them in the morning(since we aren't really up early) and I do most of the picking up. Thanks heavens for the suburban...even if you don't have a lot of kids you need a bigger vehicle for the carpool). Here are the pictures from her 1st day.

  When she got home and after she had had some lunch she asked if I would take a few more pictures of her and I was happy to oblige. 
  I decided instead of keeping all her papers I will take pictures and add them to the blog so I have them in one way or another. Here are her papers from her 1st day.
 I decided to do a little survey with her...I think it will be fun to look back and see how she grew and changed.
I hope she continues to love school and learning as much as she does at this point. We bought a small white board to practice her writing. She often times will find it and ask me to give her a letter to draw. I am already surprised by how quickly she is catching on. We are also starting to learn the states and there capitals...I never even thought to teach her something outside of colors, shapes, the alphabet, ect. I think preschool will be great for all of us and we are excited to watch Hallie learn and grow this coming school year. If you notice on her survery she put some thing she wants to accomplish this year is to go to kindergarten...silly girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment