Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Our Sweet Girls and Keeping the Cousins

I have been working on finishing the kitchen table and chairs and it is taking a lot of work. The girls have been so good about playing and entertaining each other. I came in and we were making lunch Gracie came out of her room looking like this! She is developing such a fun spunky personality and always has us laughing and on our toes.

 I couldn't have asked for better kids or for them to be better friends. Sure on occasion they annoy each other but for the most part they are best friends. One afternoon I was attempting to get all the cushions removed from the chairs and Gracie started whining and wanting to be held. Hallie immediately stacked some of the cushions and told Grace she would hold her. It was definitely one of those sweet tender moments I love as a mom. Gracie was content to sit and be held by her sister until I finished the cushions.
 By the time Sundays come we are exhausted from all the running and work we have been doing so its a great time for cuddling and movies. This morning we had peanut butter, bananas, and Little Einsteins...yes we ate peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon. Gracie was a little to interested in the show to smile for pictures.
 Last week Nic called and asked if I would keep her kiddos while her and Kyle went to Lake Powell with friends. She was a little nervous...she had never left Kinley and only left Rigs when Kinley was born. I was a little nervous about 4 kids under 4 and 3 in diapers but I didn't even hesitate I was actually really excited. To me that is what sisters do and how cousins grow up together. Is it a lot of work? At time mentally and physically draining? Yes to all the above but it was well worth it. With Matt and his busy schedule I spent most of the time by myself. Wed we loaded up and headed for Matts office to have a fun picnic since the girls don't get to see him alot and to help decorate his new office. Then we came home and got everyone tucked in for bed and miraculously each day we hadd the kids we found a way to get them to nap all at the same time....it was a sanity saver. I think bath tub was the craziest just getting everyone clean and in their pjs. But luckily all the kids were go with the flow. Gracie was obsessed with Kinley and always wanted to be with her, feeding her, holding her it was pretty cute how much she liked having her around.
One of the days they were here Hallie had preschool it took Rigs a minute to realize she was gone before he got back to playing. Hallie was my right hand man and my 2nd set of eyes I couldn't believe how much I missed her those couple hours she was at dance and school. All of the kids played really well together which made it nice.

The kids played outside a lot and the weather was just about perfect once we were up and dressed for the day. The jumped, played in the sand box, took a trip to the raspberry patch every day, drove the power wheels...alot, and of coarse had snacks and picnics out in the sun. I worked on sanding the chairs a little while they played in the sun.
Thursday night Matt didn't have school and it was amazing how much easier it was with a 2nd adult. I had had craft night scheduled for a while so Matt volunteered to keep the kids. They all did great and I had a wonderful time making this wreath and having some girl time. Seriously the best girls night I have probably ever had...it will definitely be a monthly occurrence.
Friday afternoon after Kimber got off work we met up so Rigs and Kinley could go to their house for a couple of days. I had a really hard time leaving them(sounds crazy) but I worried about them like when I leave my girls. I guess I am realizing for the 1st time that special bond you have with your sisters kids and that you love them like your own. But I knew they would be great with Kimber and Ez.
Then we headed for home so we could eat dinner and head over to a neighborhood concert. We took blankets and lawn chair as well as snacks  and enjoyed the cool night filled with fun family friendly music put on by a band in our ward.
We all had a great time but every time I would start to relax I would feel like I had lost 2 kids. Im finally getting used to only having the 2 again. Hallie is super excited to have a sleep over with Rigs this weekend she has been missing him and Im thinking its about time to start doing more sleep overs. I also told Matt that if I could handle 4 kids under 4 that I think we are ready for baby number 3....he is not so convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment