Friday, November 15, 2013

A Fall Trip to the Zoo and an Unlikely Friend

This past week the weather has been beautiful. Trying to soak up what is left of our warm fall weather my sisters and I decided a zoo trip was in order. The weather really was perfect in the high 60s. Although the splash pad isn't running for this time of year that didn't keep the kids from playing on the slide and in the pirate ship. 
 While we were there we ran into Sara, on of the girls Matt dated before we got married. From what I remembered of her she didn't like me at all but I may have been wrong. She stopped and said hi, asked where our girls were, and pointed them out so her little girl could go play with them. Her little girl is not to much younger than Hallie so they had a  great time together. Sara had come by herself so I invited her to walk around with us. 
 We were a little disappointed that the polar bear was not out and about since he had surgery but the seals and sea lion were pretty entertaining. I think we had our first real group picture going to the zoo since one of us is always behind the camera but a older lady offered to take our picture and I was thrilled.
 They turned out pretty well although Luke is hidden behind kimbers head in the backpack. She decided to bring him in this rather than the stroller and it seemed to work pretty well.
 The zoo was pretty empty which made it nice to let the kids out of the strollers and just let them run...I think that made it more fun for everyone.

 Hallie really enjoyed her new friend, Jade. Sara and I had a good time catching up, talking about being a mom, dance, preschool, just adult stuff I guess. Its amazing how life changes and people you never thought you would have anything in common with suddenly you do. These are our darling kids and their cute and silly poses. With every smiling picture we had to have a silly.
 We even all rode the carousel which they all of coarse thought was awesome. 
 Look how big they are!!!!
By the time we were done all the kids were tired and ready to call it a day. We spent about 4 hours there which after thinking about it is probably a record. We all had a great time and hope this weather continues so we can enjoy it some more. I love days like today they are so relaxing and refreshing its the days its really fun to be a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment