Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sibling Date Night

When Nic and Kim first moved up north we did really well at date nights and family dinners so we saw each other all together at least a couple times a month it was great. Then summer came and then fall everyone is busy but Matt and I really enjoy them so we brought them up again and found that everyone else was missing them as well so we picked the following weekend and it worked so everyone could come so we got babysitter and met in Salt Lake to do dinner and some shopping. We ate at a BBQ place that was really good and was really laid back. After we finished eating we sat and visited for probably about another hour and then decided we better give our table up. Its nice to have conversation with my sisters with no kids and the only one I have to focus on feeding is myself. And of coarse the main highlight of date night is getting out with my sweetheart that seems to always find time for me midst his crazy schedule.

After we left the restaurant we headed for City Creek to do some shopping and walk around. It was fun we bought a few things and then it was time to head home. I hope we always make it a priority to spend time together both as families, as couples, and as friends. I feel pretty lucky that I have siblings willing to go out of their way to get together...its usually never convenient but always worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment