Thursday, June 5, 2014

Such a Fun but Sad Day

So now that the cat is out of the bag I'm allowed to talk about Kim and Ez moving to Las Vegas. And even worse they are moving on June 14th!!! I can't express how heart broken I was when I heard. As time has passed it is almost like Im going through the stages of grief...sounds silly I know. Since Kim and Ez came from St. George and Nic and Kyle came from Cedar City it has been awesome having them all so close. Since my parents are in Vegas and wont be coming this way anytime soon I loved having my sisters that have truly become my best friends. I love to get our kids together and have them be so excited to see each other and being raised like best friends. In my opinion Kimber and I parent, live, and love much the same making it very easy to talk to her. She and I can be very open with each other and have great light and deep conversations. She is one of the few people that really get me, understand who I am when I feel misunderstood frequently and I will miss knowing I can jump in the car and see her in an hour or less. But anyways on to the happier part. As with moving it is a lot of work. She is currently working full time while one of the other hygienists is on maternity leave and Ez is trying to finish the school year out not leaving much time to get things done so I had offered to do anything and anything to help. Friday Kimber asked if I would be willing to come down and help her pack Monday. After we made our original plans Kimber suggested that maybe we should 1st do some playing with the kids. So we went to the Herriman Rec center and swam our little hearts out. All of our kids just love to swim and just be in the water. They had a ball if you can't tell from the pictures below
 The Rec center was so fun. It had a large play ground in the center and other little slides or toys around the edge.
 The geysers were also an interest

Luke and Gracie were go funny they wanted to do everything Hallie did. Hallie said mom take a picture of me relaxing....and then they all followed. Pretty dang cute.


Every hour they have everyone get out of the pool so they can check everything for 5 minutes. It was about the longest 5 minutes for these kids ever!! They were so anxious to get back in and play
 After we swam for a while we called in quits and headed for Kimber's house. We stopped at Wendy's and grabbed some lunch. The kids must have worked up an appetite since they all ate really well. When we got back to Kimbers we laid Luke and Grace down for naps, turned Hallie on a movie, and Kim and I got to packing. We got all of her spare room, part of her kitchen, and all of her yard sale stuff packed or organized. When the kids got up they found ways to entertain themselves. Mainly playing with this little snow sled. They would take turns riding, pulling, pushing, or chasing each other. It was pretty comical and it kept them busy while we finished packing.
 Team work is key when you are pulling/pushing someone your own size

 Doesn't Luke look enthused? 
Im sure there will plenty more things to pack  and more memories to make. I have now come to the realization that the world will not end when Kim moves it will just take more effort to spent time with her which will be completely worth it. Nic and I may have to become road tripping friends t o visit her and mom. Although Im sure there are more emotional days to come and there will still be hard times when I miss them like crazy this is what is best for their family and because I love them I will support them even though selfishly I want them to stay close no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment