Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Crazy Thought....Bathroom Remodeling

On Thursday I got a wild idea that we should update both bathrooms not just with decor but also paint and redoing the cabinets. Another thing to note is that I'm typically not that patient of a person and once I get an idea in my head I have a hard time focusing until it is complete. I talked to Matt and he was on board but between riding in the MS bike race and writing a couple papers for his master program I was going to be pretty much on my own. Thursday evening while Matt was working on his paper the girls and I headed out to get decor and paint swatches so we could make some decisions. Friday the girls and I bought paint for the walls, stain for the cabinets, and more decor. When Matt left for Logan we started tearing everything apart and got a pretty good start on everything. Of coarse the prep works was what took the most time and my arms and hands were so tired of scrubbing.
These are the Pre-pics for the upstairs bathroom


 And the pre-pics for the basement bathroom


After putting the kids to bed I stayed up til just after midnight getting the 1st coat of stain on the cabinets and headed to bed. Saturday morning I got up early to do the 2nd and 3rd coats before the girls got up. This is the difference between the 2nd and 3rd coats of the stain/paint
Matt got home about 1 and while I put the protectant coat on the cabinets he worked on painting the upstairs bathroom. We had choose a grey with blue undertones to update the space.



I am finding the older I get the harder time I have with things unfinished. If I could have survived with no sleep I probably would have stayed up until it was completely finished and put back together. We had talked about doing the kitchen as well but I think we will hold out on that one. Im pretty happy with how they turned out. The upstairs bathroom ended up darker than I had anticipated or really wanted but I think it looks better than what was there. But I love how the basement turned out. Another DIY project completed.



No comments:

Post a Comment