Sunday, May 1, 2016

Our Blustery Day and Our Soup Kitchen

This spring the weather has been a little crazy and dramatic for sure. The wind and water have been coming in large doses. While at church this morning I started to get pictures from friends in our old ward showing all the damage that had been done by the high winds. I was wracking my brain wondering what to do when I realized this was one of the many reasons I wanted a larger house and kitchen. I sent out a mass text to people in our old ward and invited them to our house for dinner that evening. With the high winds many of them had been without heat/electricity for over 24 hours so I was hoping a warm house and meal would be just the thing to do. After church I found Matt and told him we were about to have a large party at our house and we needed to figure out what we would feed all of our guests. We had 3 families come up to eat with us. I made a couple different kinds of soup, rolls, and skookies with ice cream for dessert. It was fun to catch up and let the kids play.
After we ate dinner Matt gave the kids rides in the mini ex we had been using for the back yard. They all though it was so cool and were very impatiently waiting for a turn.

Although I would never want to move back to Ogden we did make some good friends. It turned out that they were out of power for another 12 hours before the company got it back on. I felt very blessed to have the space and means to accommodate people in our home

No comments:

Post a Comment