Friday, October 28, 2016

Manor Care Trick or Treat & Sure Steel Halloween Party

Yet another tradition, I didn't realize how many fall traditions we had until this year, was to trick or treat at Manor Care with the residents. The kids looked so cute and were so excited. Hallie went as Captain Hook's Daughter, Em went as Tinkerbell, and Gracie a Scarecrow
Em was new at trick or treating but she picked up on it pretty quickly...although she wanted to eat every treat the minute she got it.

There were quite a few people there and a few traffic jams but the residents love it and I'm so glad my kids love to go as well.
After some cider and a cookie we packed up to head over to Sure Steel for more trick or treating and the company party. This is Em's new face when you ask her to smile

We had yummy catered BBQ for dinner it was yummy. There were fewer people there this year but I guess they have quite a few employees out of town currently
As usual the blow up house and slide were a big hit. Em got so mad when she couldn't climb to go down the slide so I was happy to take her. Although after a dozen times my legs were tired

They also did a couple pinatas...each of the kids lined up to get a turn to hit it
After my legs were tired Matt took Em down one more time before we called it a night
We had an entire grocery bag of candy and good candy at that..mostly chocolate. On the way home with the kids we decided we were done with Halloween and trick or treating.
I love this little family and all the fun we have together. It wouldn't be fun to have traditions by myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment