Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Happy 33 To Me

At this point I kinda forget what age I'm turning..lol I guess at some point it doesn't really matter but it is fun to have a birthday. It was a great day. I did most of my normal mom stuff intermixed with phone calls and texts. I love getting to catch up with some friends I only get to hear from a couple times a year. Matt brought home flowers and dinner...he's always so great. We opened gifts and ate dinner. I got a bunch of kitchen gadgets I had been wanting for a while....new cookie sheets, silicone baking mats, pastry cutter, piping bottles, and a butter bell. My friend Ashley made me a gluten free white cake with raspberry filling and lemon frosting. She was so frustrated it didn't turn out as well as she had hoped but it tasted yummy. Matt had to teach class so after a short celebration he headed to class and I got the girls all ready for bed. After I got them in bed Ashley came back over and we ate more cake. I thought it was so sweet that she took the time to make it for me. When Matt got home I got one more amazing surprise. Matt made me a video that included all of my family that wished me happy birthday and talked about how special I am to each of them. I may have cried and I really appreciated that he took the time to put something so special together.

This little family of mine is everything to me
I really feel like my 30's have been so great. I have grown a ton and really feel like I have become comfortable in my own skin. I'm really discovering who I am my personality, my fears, my desires, my stresses, my joys, my priorities, etc. I plan to continue to really enjoy my family, try to spend less time stressing about the little things, and to truly embrace who I am and not compare my life to others. I've also become so grateful for health and free time doing whatever I want. I love birthdays and the loved ones I get to spend it with.


No comments:

Post a Comment