Friday, April 21, 2017

A Volleyball Weekend & Em's So Sick

We had a very busy and fun weekend minus Em getting so sick. Friday I got called in to work so Matt stayed home with the kids and when Em woke up she had a fever of 103.5. Matt gave her a bath and got her comfortable until I got home. Matt and I were supposed to go out that night to the graduation celebration but with Em so sick I stayed home and Matt took Gracie as his date. They had a great time. Em looked so cute before she started feeling yucky. Nic bought these for her and they finally fit.
My parents got to our house late and we all got to bed once we got them settled. Em fevered all night Friday but we were able to keep it down with meds. She felt pretty crappy but we got up and moving so we could get to soccer on time. Having one car has been really hard since Matt sold his truck. When we go we all have to go or be stuck where we were left. Since Em was still running a high fever(over 104) I called the dr and they wanted to see her. So after Gracie got done with her soccer game we ran over to the cancer fundraiser they were doing for a little girl Gracie's age before taking Hallie to her soccer game. We bought treats and a few other things as well as the girls getting their faces painted. Em was so excited to see Elsa but we could tell she wasn't feeling like herself. 
 About half way thru Hallie's game we had to leave to get to the Dr for our appt. The Dr checked her for an ear infection, uti, and strep throat but everything came back negative. As the day went on you could tell how terrible she was feeling. She slept most of the ride to get to the volleyball tournament. I felt bad but we had been looking forward to this tournament for months. She was pretty content to just sit on our laps and rest which made it nice not to have to chase her everywhere. Here is Maddi's cheering section for the tournament. They had a few rough games but ultimately did pretty good.

 We went for a few walks in the stroller and she took a couple naps. I was glad she was getting some rest. We took our whole Dr kit so we checked her temp once an hour and gave her meds to keep her comfy.
 We took coloring stuff, books, a few games, and the tablet to keep the kids entertained. They did great until about the last game then everyone was tired and ready to be done for the day. There were a lot of tears and so once Maddi was done we headed home.
 Saturday on the way home Em threw up and then her fever climbed back to 104 and at one point to 105. I was pretty nervous about the numbers I was seeing but she was eating, drinking, and appeared to be resting in short increments. We just watched her closely. Sunday morning my parents left to go back to Vegas and gave Matt a ride to the car rental place until we can get the new truck. I stayed home with the girls and spend most of the day in the recliner hold Em. Sunday evening we got to 105.4 and once again the panic set in. We got her some more meds and then it slowly came down to a reasonable number so we could put her to bed. I sent a text out to my family and asked for everyone to include Emy in their prayers that night. Matt took the first shift and I went to bed knowing to was going to be a long night. Em was up again about 1230 and Matt stayed up with her until about 2 then we got her laid back down and I started my shift. We kept meds in her all night and had lots of cuddles. On Monday I called the Dr again and they just wanted me to still watch her since her fever was manageable. I once again spent the entire day in the recliner holding her. She seemed to rest better than she had been the previous couple days. As the day got later I saw glimpses of our sweet spunky Em. We ran the girls to dance and then headed back home since Matt was going to pick them up. Em helped me make dinner and then I could tell she was feeling yucky again. Monday night she slept better than she had been. Her fever stayed down at 100 all night and I think we all got better rest. Now its Tuesday and although her fever has been lower her nose is now running like a green river but she seems to be getting better.
I don't remember any of the girls every being this sick or having a fever this high or for this long. We are getting thru it. I'm so grateful for Hallie, Gracie, and Matt that have really stepped up and helped with the stuff I haven't been getting done. Here's to her feeling back to her old self sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment