Saturday, December 30, 2017

BRHS Friend Party

We were asked to host the "friend" party this year. Matt and I were first really excited to see and catch up with everyone. We haven't attended a friend party since Hallie was tiny. We keep in touch with Becca since she takes our family pictures and Corey and Mindi because we genuinely love and care about them. We are involved in each others lives. We decided to do street taco because they were pretty easy to put together and I did extra desserts for the family party so I had left overs for the party. It was a great idea to have the parties back to back then we only had to set up and break down once and we were able to use a lot of the same food. Anyways the party wasn't what I was hoping it would be and I finished off the party so disappointed in how it all had been. So Becca and Sara showed up without their husbands which was weird but whatever. The conversation constantly went back to high school and turned what I thought was inappropriate multiple times. I felt uneasy when they brought up the times they had been on dates with Matt and the things they did. I thought that was disrespectful and unnecessary. I was hoping that we could all find common ground and build friendships where we are today but sadly I don't think that will ever happen. Sex was talked about flippantly and I was then reminded that I have grown up and have no desire to live in the past. I want to talk about sex sacredly and with maturity especially with our kids present. I felt uncomfortable and embarrassed after everyone left I expressed my feelings to Matt and although he didn't feel the same he totally got where I was coming from. I don't have any desire to attend another friend party probably ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment