Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Happy Birthday to Me

I was feeling pretty alone on my birthday. Matt did a good job but still had to work so that was a bummer but its life. That afternoon Teann showed up with some balloons and a treat. It didn't matter what it was it was a huge gesture to me. I also received quite a few calls and texts. It was at that moment that I realized that when adults say birthdays are just another day its because they are prepping themselves for the disappointment of another regular day and I decided that Im not ok with that. The gesture of remembering a birthday is a special thing and I want others to feel that.
Matt bought me some great gifts including a pedicure and a massage

Hallie brought home the most thoughtful gift. She had found a piece of ice the shape of a heart on the playground and taken it to the office, asked for a bag, and had them put it in the freezer so she could bring it home. I was so touched she is so thoughtful
This little family of mine makes all the bad and good days totally worth it

Since my birthday fell in the middle of the week we had a birthday party of Saturday. We had Cade and Teann as well as Mark and Hilary. Matt smoked some meat with all the sides and then we had this delicious dessert. 
After we were stuffed we did some just dance with the kids and then played some games while the kids watched a movie. 
What started out as a really sad day ended up being so great. I was reminded that I'm very loved and no matter how old I get that's the best gift I could receive.


No comments:

Post a Comment