Thursday, April 4, 2019

Baby Animal Days-Wellsville

I have always enjoyed taking the girls to baby animals days and they seem to love it. We usually go to the one in Kaysville but I had heard so much about the one in Logan(Wellsville) that when it came this year we decided to try it instead. I knew there would be several people there since it was spring break but I thought if we went on Thursday and got there early maybe we could avoid the crowds. I was wrong...very wrong. We got there about 10 minutes after opening and the line to park was already over 20 cars long! There were buses and the line to buy tickets was crazy.  But we quickly got in and headed for the things we wanted to the most before the crowds got worse. I also didn't know how long we would last. It had rained the night before so everything was super muddy. I had the girls all bring their rain boots but about half way there I realized I had forgotten mine! We made our way tot the train first since the line was short. Hallie & Em rode in the cage car while Gracie rode with Liam and I. 

After we headed to the pony rides. The lines were getting long quick so we lucked out and checked these two things off our list pretty quickly. 
Liam cried for about 10 minutes before falling asleep. It was a long 10 minutes but then he slept the rest of the time we were there. It was nice to be able to enjoy the time with the girls. This was really our first outing with just me and the kids other than to just run errands.





The Wellsville location is a much bigger deal than the Kaysville one. Way more animals and things to do. They even had baby bears! They looked so cute but we weren't allowed to touch them
I told the girls they could choose one treat and they chose the biggest bag of kettle corn I've ever seen. It was also super yummy

Panning for gold was a a definite highlight and something the girls talk about and reinact frequently in the sandbox. They each were able to find gold that they got to bring home as well.




Why are baby animals so cute?!? 



Hallie love peacocks and was super excited to see several of them and learn more about them while we were there.





After several hours of exploring and snuggling all the baby animals we decided to call it a day and head to get some lunch





After grabbing lunch at the drive thru we headed for home. It was such a fun day trying new things and being out in the sunshine. I love my kiddos and they make life so much more fun when were together.

No comments:

Post a Comment