Saturday, September 14, 2019

Dinner & Escape Room With The Brower's

We had decided to do Top Golf for Kerry's birthday but due to schedules and the cost of doing it we decided to do an escape room. We went to Applebee's first for dinner since its one of Kerry's favorites and then headed to the escape room. It was a fun activity. Unfortunately because of the strong personalities in the Brower family most of the in laws could barely get a word in edgewise. It was quite frustrating actually because it could have been so fun. Thank heavens for Krissy over the last several months we have become quite close and we sat in the corner and visited. So that was nice.

As a side note. Matt and I decided to miss Hallie's soccer game in order to make it work with everyone else's schedules and long story short....we will never do that again. Maddi came down from Logan to watch the kids. She decided, that with her roommates help, that they wanted to take Hallie to her game all together. Hallie called me at dinner crying that she didn't know where Maddi was and that she decided she wanted us to come and watch her. Then Liam was a total handful. Maddi said he cried almost everywhere they went and that made it super stressful and really hard to enjoy myself. I couldn't wait to get home and once we did it took Matt and I an hour to calm Liam down. I don't know that I would vote for an escape room again unless we did it in couples. I had so been looking forward to spending time with Matt as we haven't done a date in a while due to babysitting issues and I was so disappointed with how it worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment