Monday, November 23, 2020

6462 Summit Cove-Nov 23rd-28th-Power, Appliances, Wallpaper, Carpet, and Timbers & Mantles

I am slightly to obsessed with all the cute wallpaper that is out here right now. I decided to do an accent wall in the pantry. Matt is concerned that it will get covered up and you'll never see the cute paper but I think it will be awesome. Only time will tell. There were a ton of cuts and I would never say that its perfect but I love how it turned out. 


When I called Boyles to schedule our appliance delivery I knew we would be pushing the schedule to be ready before Thanksgiving but originally we were hoping to move in by Thanksgiving. So I scheduled the last possible spot before they shut down for the holiday. Which was Wednesday afternoon. So we had them put in the garage until we were ready.

Chris was nice and came up to help Matt put in the appliances while I was working on other things.


The beams looked so good and we only scratched the wall a little(ok maybe more than a little)


When we get to the end in building it feels like we really push the schedule. We wanted to be in by Liam's birthday. We had to do some serious hunting to find a carpet layer that could fit us into their schedule but we did it. Now I want everyone else to stop make a mess in the house so all the pretty finishes will stop getting dirty
We had to take all the doors off the frames for the carpet to go in. The doors in the basement are tall and somehow ended up solid core instead of hollow like we ordered but anyways while I was trying to put the door up it totally fell on me and I caught most of the weight with my leg. I had this crazy bruise to show for it. As I laid on the floor knowing I was there alone and no one was coming to save me I just let the tears flow. It had been such a long process and so much added craziness with COVID. Everything felt like it was taking more time and effort and I was so over all of it. After a few minutes I moved the door to the side and got up. I sat for a few more minutes collecting my thoughts and pulling myself together. It felt good to allow myself to feel all the emotions that had been building for a long time. 
At times making decisions on colors that would take time and money to replace are daunting but it seems like when it comes together its reassuring that we know what we are doing and what we like. When I came up one day to find them painting the house was one such moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment