Thursday, December 17, 2020

Liam Update-9 Month Off Treatment Scans

 This little man is doing so good. Although he is doing so well that hasn't done much for keeping the anxiety at bay. The doctors continue to keep a close eye on him to make sure that his cancer stays gone. His labs look as if he never even had cancer and he is hitting all of his milestone...how much more could you ask for. We are so thrilled to be moving into this new stage of life that doesn't involve cancer anymore. Im grateful everyday that he did so well and that it is over...I feel like for good.

While Krissy is on bedrest I have been taking the kids so she can stay off her feet. Its fun and an adventure to have 3 kids under 3 but I'm so happy she is allowing me to help.

I love all the snuggles I get from this little friend. He loves to cuddle and watch a show
I finally finished Liam's room. Time for a toddler bed

Liam did great waiting for his scan although when they did them he hated it
He has decided he loves jello and even more if he gets to help make it
He loves frozen fruit and smoothies for breakfast almost everyday. This particular day I found him on the couch with the fruit after I couldn't find it to make a smoothie.
With my dad working in Utah every other week we have gotten to see him a lot more than normal and it has been so fun to see his relationship develop with the kids. I love my dad...he's a good one
Shortly before we moved Liam started climbing in and out of his crib. I knew once we got moved we would have to move him to the toddler bed but I just wasn't ready for anything else before we moved.
He ahs also found some new hiding spots since we have moved. Luckily I found him quite quickly.
This is the update for Liam that I shared in our late "holiday" card
I’m sure you are all anxiously awaiting an update about our sweet little miracle. The good news is he continues to be just that. A shining light of a modern day miracle. He turned two in December and is thriving. He grew 4 inches between July and December and is now taller than all of our girls were at 3 years old! In December after scans and labs his oncologist said that from a medical stand Liam appears as though he never even had cancer. Words like that stop my heart and leave me speechless with gratitude and humility. With that being said we will continue to do consistent follow up for the next several years. Somedays it feels like he has grown up over night. He is constantly by my side, wanting to be held, and sit on my lap. He is my little buddy and partner in crime. He loves everything Mickey Clubhouse, Team Umizoomi, and Little Einsteins. He is obsessed with trucks, trains, tractors, pretty much all forms of transportation. He currently lines them all up and puts finger puppets in all the seats. Watching his imagination is such a fun experience. He is talking up a storm and has decided to have the picky toddler palate...I have to remind myself constantly when he does this and other “normal” toddler things that I don’t need to completely freak out and jump to the worst case scenario. He is learning and growing and we are loving having our little buddy happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment