Friday, December 11, 2020

Sub For Santa

 Where do I even begin?!? One of the cancer foundations reached out to us to see if they could sponsor our family for Christmas. At first I was hesitant but she said this year they had more sponsors than families that needed help so I agreed. I sent her a list of things the kids wanted/needed and then waited to hear back about questions and a delivery date. It felt awkward but also a relief after the year we had endured. A couple weeks later I got a call that they never received the survey with the needs and wants back so I had them resend it and I filled it out again and sent it back. It wasn't until 2 weeks before Christmas when I got a call from both of them that I realized that they were two different foundations with two ladies with the same name handling it. I called to let them know what had happened and they laughed and said it was to late to change because the shopping had been done by the families. I felt horrible but there wasn't much to be done. So we were more than spoiled for Christmas this year.

When the first group came, the owner of Little Adventurers and her team, showed up with more gifts than I had ever imagined. About 10 per kid and I had only listed 5 things for each of them as options. They had brought a small beautifully decorated tree covered in ornaments that were filled with money! All in all there was almost $400 on the tree. I cried as they brought it into the house. The spirit of Christmas instantly filled our home and I felt overly blessed.  


Can't wait to see what is inside of them and the surprise on the kids faces when they open them.


No comments:

Post a Comment