Thursday, October 21, 2021

Liam's Fight with Cancer-19 Month Remission Scans

 Liam is doing so well. The process for scans has once again changed we try to roll with the changes but it is so hard. One benefit of having covid was that Liam didn't have to be tested for covid. This go around they scheduled CT scan and labs then an office visit to follow. Liam did great getting his weight and height done and enjoyed some coloring while he drank his contrast and waited for our time slot. Once it was our turn they took Liam back and put him to sleep before placing his iv or doing anything else. Although letting them take him and listening to him cry for me is heart breaking I think this was one of the smoother scan appointments we have had. The trauma was less than the other times because he didn't have to be awake to have his iv put in then also be taken from me. 


When we got to the hospital they were giving these stuffed animals away and he picked a cute sloth. He hauled it around the entire day

I'm working on myself. The anxiety associated with his follow up appointments at times is unbearable. I get physically ill. I am so blessed to have Matt and my family's support. Days before his scans they call and check in often and make sure to make a point to tell me that they have been praying for him and feel like he is going to be fine and all results will be good. I find so much peace in that. I too feel like he is going to be great and that he is done with cancer and will live a long and healthy life but my fear gets in the way of those peaceful feelings. Matt is also so great to reassure me he too felt like Liam was going to be great. Im taking my anti-anxiety meds and using my coping skills from therapy. I do feel like it is getting better and I'll continue to work on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment