Friday, August 19, 2022

An Eventful Anniversary

 With my ulcerative colitis I need to have a colonoscopy every 2 years and lucky me that was this year. I scheduled it just before school started so Hallie could stay with the kids. As a side note I never thought we would get to the point that we could leave our kids without a babysitter but here we are and Hallie does a great job. So Matt and I got up and headed to the surgical center first thing in the morning. I got checked in and they called me back to change into my gown and put my iv in. Once they started the procedure it went really quickly(mostly because I was asleep). Dr Porter came in pretty quickly after and I was still out of it but he said that all went well and the scope looked great. I was relieved on many levels as its always a concern for disease but also that all the work I have been doing with Red River was working and helping. 

After I woke up a bit more and changed back into my clothes and we went to grab some lunch. While we were at lunch we started talking about our anniversary the following week and if there was anything specific we wanted to do to celebrate. We started talking about how we have wanted a massage chair for as long as we can remember and how our plan was to buy one once we moved int o the house but we ran out of money to do that. Then Matt said lets go buy one...today...right now. I thought he was crazy but said we could go check them out and see what they had. The one we went thinking we would buy ended up lacking some of the features we thought it had. Ultimately we bought the level up model and they scheduled to have it delivered the following week...on our anniversary. It was for the sure most expensive thing we have done for our anniversary. And I told Matt I hope we don't regret it. For now we're just going to enjoy getting to relax in it. We decided to put it in our room so it wasn't somewhere that it would get played on. The kids have been really great with it and have enjoyed it as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment