Saturday, January 6, 2024

Vegas-Day 3 Gracie's birthday and Lydia's Baptism

Our intention with Saturday was to make Gracie feel as special as possible even though it was Lydi's baptism day. Unfortunately in the night Gracie started feeling crumbing and spent most of the night up throwing up and not feeling good. Matt stayed with her in the hotel room and we took the kids to meet up with Kim and Nic. Kim had heard of this cool donut shop so we ventured out to try them. The kids and I decided what we wanted to try and then I cut them up so everyone could try all the kinds. They were good donuts but probably more hype than they're worth.

Then we headed to Luke's basketball game. The kids mostly played in the corner and watched a little. It was fun to go support Luke. I know he acted like he didn't care but I think all kids like when they feel supported.

Then we went to lunch. Gracie still wasn't feeling good but wanted us to bring her some take out so thats what we did...take out for both her and Matt. Lunch wasn't great and they had to split us up so they could seat us sooner so I was glad to be done and head back to the hotel to check in with Matt and Gracie. Gracie ate the rest of Hallie's and I's food and said she was feeling better. She hadn't thrown up since that morning so we decided to let her come to the baptism and Kim's after. Here we all are after the baptism.
Afterwards we went back to Kim's and let Gracie open her gifts. She has wanted her own kindle for quite some time so Matt and I got her that and my parents bought her a case to go with it. 
Gray's smolder face
Kim was so thoughtful and got Gracie a cake and cool sparkler candles. I know I wasn't the only one that super appreciated her being so thoughtful to make Gracie feel special on her birthday

We helped clean up and headed back to our hotel since we had a super early morning flight. As Matt was backing into the parking spot he didn't see the tree that stuck out far into the stall and put a pretty good hole in the top of our rental car. I think we are lucky it wasn't worse. We'll have to see how the insurance handles that one.
We woke the kids up about 4 and took them to the airport in their pjs. Everyone was tired and not ready to get up but it meant that we got home at a good time. Some of the kids took naps on the way.

It was a fun trip and I'm so glad we planned a couple extra days to make it more of a vacation and worth it. I love adventuring with this crew.




No comments:

Post a Comment