Sunday, May 12, 2013

Baby Animal Days & Yard Selling

We once again had a fun and busy week but luckily it seems to be slowing a bit. Matt started his Masters program Tuesday and I keep telling myself that in a 18 short months it will all be worth the fact that he is gone and busy a lot. neither one of us have been in school since we decided to have kids. That was one of our goals was to finish school and pay off all our student loans before we had kids so this is a big change but this time will also pass. Back to fun things baby animal days has become some what of a tradition we meet up with my sisters and their kids(Kimber was even part this year). Hallie loves animals and it seems that Gracie seems to be that way so far. When I told Hallie that baby animal days was coming up she asked probably everyday if it was time to go for a horse ride so of coarse when we got there it was the 1st thing we did. Maybe someday we will live somewhere we can have horses.
We waited in line for a minute and watched the horses walk by Gracie seemed pretty excited about the whole thing. Once we got to the front they each got fitted for a helmet and off they went.
 With the smaller kids they put them on the ponys but Hallie requested to ride a big horse and loved every second of it
 Gracie on the other hand was a little unsure at first once the horse got moving she was all smiles.
 And they cried when they made her get off
 They had goats, pigs, sheep, cows, horses, ducks, rabbits, and baby chicks. They also had a reptile display but we decided to skip that since the line was forever...but that was really an excuse none of us like reptiles...yuck!
 One of the baby cows was asleep against the fence so the girls got plenty of petting time with him. Gracie also really liked the goats...not sure why. She spent quite a bit of time petting them as well. I decided rather than taking the stroller to take the harness and it worked great. I could keep track of Grace and it still allowed her to be part of all the fun.
 They had sheep shearing demos every 30 minutes of so. Hallie was fascinated and stayed to watch the whole thing. Then she got a piece as a souvenir.
 Then there was a bounce house and face painting. Gracie like the bounce house for about 30 seconds but Hallie stayed in there for quite a while. When we went to get her face painted Hallie decided she would rather have it on her arm.
 Here is her beautiful arm flower she was very proud of
 After we went to McDonalds and let the kids play on the play place while we had ice cream, french fries, and visited. The kids would stop by occasionally to have a bite but enjoyed the toys more. It was a fun afternoon. I always love when you tire your kids out from playing with them. So home to bed. Then Saturday morning I woke Hallie up about 6:15am to head to Day Break for their semi-annual yard sale. I was hesitant to take Hallie because I don't think I have a) every woke her up and b) been awake before 8am but when I wen tto get her she jumped out of bed and asked if it was time to go see Kimi. She did well and just mostly sat quietly in the backseat on the way down in her pjs
 There were a few times I would look back and see this...and just laugh quietly
Once we got there we looked for various things and attempted to see most of the 215 yard sales going on. We found some great deals and were tired and done shortly after 11. So we headed for home to see daddy and Grace. There aren't many things I like more than feeling like I got a great deal....its kinda a high for me. I think its fun to teach my kids how to get more for their money. Hallie and I stopped for a treat before we got home and then we had to show Matt all our "treasures" Im so thankful for a supportive husband that lets me go have some fun. And for my Hallie that is getting old enough she is really fun to take places and totally involved she is totally like a side kick. Heres to more fun weekends and time with the Fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment