Friday, May 10, 2013

Hallie's 1st Dance Recital

Hallie had her 1st dance recital this past weekend and it just so happened that it coordinated weekends with Kinley's baby blessing so my family got to be there to. Hallie was so excited and had been practicing at home with her little video I recorded for her. She dances to Splish Splash and loves her sparkly outfit and fluffy hair thing. Also another 1st was wearing makeup and to be honest I wasn't thrilled. I want Hallie to learn she is beautiful the way she is there is a time and a place for makeup but it isn't for little girls! But we followed the instructions and put makeup on her and I knew she had long eyelashes before but the makeup just accentuation them. Holy cow we are raising a beautiful girl...stay little forever.
 She was so excited to take pictures with everyone so we got there early enough to get a seat and take pictures. Hallie is Maddi's little shadow when she is around to bad they don't live closer so we can get her to babysit...that would be awesome. I can't belive she is so grownup I really think of her as Hallie's age and my "little" sister.
 Our beautiful girl all dolled up and ready to go
 She had been asking for weeks when grandma Sheryl was coming to watch her dance and the day finally had come. Now she is asking how long til we get to fly to see grandma...less than a month now.
 I love my little family! I think were going to keep it this way for a while(but that's another story)

 Ready in starting position
 By the time grandma Joy got there Hallie was very much over taking pictures but we tried
 Matt, Papa, and Nate were also thrilled there was the national university bike race going on so they could watch that while we waited for Hallie. I actually really like the dance recital stuff so we had the best of both worlds.
 Oh Uncle Nate..how we will miss him for 2 years. My girls love him and he is always so willing to carry or play with them. Its crazy to think about how big they will be when he gets home. He is a stud in about every sense of the word.
 Watching the bike race. Hallie also thought it was very cool. So we stood and watched for a little bit
 Then we got a picture of Hallie with her "prizes" for doing so awesome. A balloon and some cotton candy..her favorite.
Then we headed to pizza factory for lunch. After we headed home while my mom and dad to Nate to get his mission suits and shoes. My dad came up with the most brilliant idea. He said to Hallie in the car I think when we get home we should have a competition to see who can sleep the longest. And whomever wins gets a prize. Well on the way home Gracie fell asleep so Hallie was panicked that Grace was going to beat her so she quickly went to bed once we got home and slept for 3 hours! When she got up she asked if she had won(which she had) so she got a treat. We have continued to have nap "competitions" since Saturday and she has napped everyday and when she gets up I have been happy to give her a treat. We really appreciate all the family that came to support Hallie she was thrilled. We love our little dancer she is getting so grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment