Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day 2013

Our attempt at a mommy & me picture after church...not such a good idea but hey it is what it is...reality!
 We can't forget daddy he sure loves all us us girls

Mother's Day has been great so far. Matt built me a beautiful strawberry tower complete with 35 strawberry plants that I can't wait to eat. Im not much for flowers or jewelry really. I find that I would rather be spoiled a little everyday of the year than all just in one day. Matt and the kids do a great job at making me feel loved and appreciated. Of coarse there are the days I feel down and unappreciated but I think we all have those. Mother's Day to me is usually more about the kids than me. Now don't get me wrong I think its a great day but as I see friends and family post cards and funny things their kids say about them. I stop to think about how I want my kids to describe and remember me one day. I think its one of the many times during the year I re-evaluate if Im being the kind of mom I really want to be. Usually their is some tweaking that I have to work on but for the most part Im just thankful that I have the opportunity to be a mom. This year especially has made me realize that. I have been thinking about the conference talkes from April. I think my favorite was Sister Dalton's about being a mother and having children. I have noticed recently there are quite a few people out there struggling with comparing themselves to others and feeling inadequate in multiple areas of life. Luckily for me I feel I'm at a place in life I no longer feel that is a problem that I struggle with. Believe me there have been times and occasionally still have moments that I feel I should be/do what the world wants but I now have the confidence to stand and realize that isn't fair to me or my family. Matt has been the best thing that has ever happened to me and has given me the confidence to be who I am and make decision based on what I want the outcome to be not how I want it to appear to others. I know some people don't agree or understand this type of thinking which can be quite frustrating at times. As I watched conference I frequently got emotional thinking of my girls and the world they are/will grow up in. I am scared for them for the hard and trying times they will go through but also reminded in another talk from conference that where there is sunshine darkness can not reside. I feel my role as a mother is to teach my girls to love themselves for who they are. There are days I feel like Im incompetent to teach the lords valiant spirits he has entrusted to me. I can be impatient and snappy. But those are the times I am reminded Im at blessed enough to have 2 beautiful kids that love me and I love them more than anything. I am also often reminded bu my wonderful husband that as long as I am constantly striving I can't do any better than that. So this Mother's Day I am once again taking a step back to re-evaluate the relationship I have with the ones that make my Mother's Day possible to be a better mom for them and a better wife to mu hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment