Monday, August 18, 2014

I Love to See the Temple--Ogden Open House

 When we found out when the open house was scheduled we knew we wanted to go. I was hoping we could go with my family since we had such a great time going to the Brigham temple open house previously. But shortly after they announced the dates Kimber and Ez moved to Vegas so I was thrilled when Nic said they would love to go with us! I got on as soon as tickets were available but the website was so swamped it wasn't working correctly I thought I could just wait a few hours but when I logged on a few hours later all of the weekends and evening tickets were gone so we picked a time about lunch and Matt was able to take his "lunch break" to meet us for the open house. We even arrived early enough to get some pictures before heading inside. Here is our little group all ready to go inside the temple. Hallie and Rigs were so excited to get to go inside since we have been talking about the temple a lot and watching as they have built it over the last couple of years.
 This is seriously the cutest picture of Nic and the kids. We were sad Kyle couldn't join us but he had to work. Rigs was so funny just as we went to walk in he said, This isn't Jesus's house its Moroni's....see him on top?"
 And my eternal family....love them
The temple was beautiful and one of the most modern looking I have seen. There was a lot of dark wood, silver, and creams. The grounds will be something I think that will draw people in they did a great job. The kids did pretty well at listening and staying close. We decided to make it a game and see how many pictures of Jesus we could find in the temple. Although I don't think we kept exact track it kept the kids focused and watching. Now this little one below was great while we were on the move but as soon as we stopped she wanted out and on the move by herself.
 After we got out of the temple the kids couldn't get to the fountain fast enough we let them put there hands in which seemed to suffice although Rigs asked if he could swim in the pool.

Afterwards Nic and the kids came over for lunch while Matt went back to work. After we ate Nic and I visited while the kids played in the backyard. Then Nic headed home so everyone could nap in their own beds. It was a great way to spend our day. I love the temple, what it stands for, and the meaning behind it all. I hope our girls will one day have the desire to go to the temple for themselves. Im so grateful for my forever family

No comments:

Post a Comment