Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Rain, Rain, Rain, & Beets

August has been full of rain, rain, and more rain. Don't get me wrong Im not complaining at all I love the rain and with the rain has come wonderful cooler temperatures. I can almost feel the fall in the air. And of coarse with fall comes bottling season. When there was a break in the rain we got the beets picked and bottled. We ended up with about twice the beets we did last year and bottled 12 bottles. The girls were a great help and we got it done in 4 hours start to finish. I love teaching my girls canning stuff. I have taught myself and really hope to pass that skill on to them.
 The girls have also loved playing the the rain. Im grateful for the rain to fill the lakes and streams.


 Silly Faces
This particular night the girls were playing outside while Matt and I secured down the boat. I think we have finally found a way to keep it completely dry...I guess we shall see.
Although all the rain has limited our boating time I really hope it continues so we will have more water to boat on when the sun comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment