Sunday, April 3, 2016

Conference Cakes

Yesterday I made conference cakes. usually we do it on Sunday but since I knew I was on call and would likely get called in we did it on Saturday instead. While Matt grouted the basement bath the girls and I worked on this. Em slept most of the morning since she threw up a couple times in the night although she acted completely fine all day for the most part. The girls were excited to help with most of the parts but I think aside from eating them putting on the sugar was their favorite.
These were probably the fluffiest conference cakes I have every had. Matt and the girls said they were amazing. It makes me feel good that even though I eat gluten free that I can still make super yummy gluten food..lol. We also decided to put sugar all over because honestly that's the best part.
Hallie decided she doesn't like them with whipped cream 
but Gracie was happy to eat both of their whipped cream for her

I love traditions...even if they are ones I married into. I love the opportunity it brings to share stories with the kids of the past and what memories I have from them. I also love this amazing new house and kitchen that I get to make these memories with our family in. This was the first time I have made conference cakes in this house and I was very pleased at how well they turned out. I love the opportunity that conference gives us to slow down and listen to the words of the prophets that the lord wants us to hear,

No comments:

Post a Comment