Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Getting Ready for Christmas

Although getting ready for Christmas is a lot of work it also is so fun to see the kids get so excited. This will be our first real Christmas season in the house. Last year moving in just a couple days before Christmas was insane and only slightly chaotic. Looking forward to enjoying the whole holiday season in our home this year. The girls each picked out lights for their own trees we are going to start a tradition that they get an ornament each year and they will use them to decorate their tree.
 Gracie chose pink and Hallie multi-colored
 This is the tree in the basement family room it fits perfect in the corner. Over Thanksgiving we also bought Matt a new tv so we moved the one from upstairs to the basement so now we have a completed family room.
 These girls sure love each other and I sure love having all of them home together
 This year we bought a new 12 ft tree...its huge! Way bigger than Matt or I thought it would be. I found it on the classifieds for $100 we had to buy it a new stand and lights but it was still way cheaper than a new tree...who knew Christmas trees were so freaking expensive. The first time I tried to put it up with the stand that came with it I got 2 sections up and it fell over on me! So we had to wait a few days for the new stand to come before we could actually put it up.
 The girls were probably most excited that we had to use the ladder to put it all together. They all had their fair share of time on the ladder.
 Once we got it all fluffed...we started with the lights
 Em is my shadow right now. She wants to be wherever I am and doing whatever I am. Although this can be hard I also know it wont last long so Im enjoying it the best I can. Look at her cute face...I couldn't ask for a cuter shadow

 I started with 600 lights and only made it up the tree this far! Later in the day the girls and I made a trip to Ogden to get more lights in a crazy snow storm and only ended up finding 2 boxes(about 1/3 of what we needed) and that was only after going to 2 different Walmart stores.
Luckily on our way to Thanksgiving we were able to find more and finish the tree on Friday. Now I need to take a picture of the finished tree. My mom was so great and basically did my whole tree since I was feeling great. She did a great job and I'm grateful for her sharing her talents with my family

No comments:

Post a Comment