Thursday, June 7, 2018

It's a BOY!

We decided we wanted to surprise everyone for Father's Day and announce we were pregnant. One of the goals with this being our last pregnancy was to not only announce we were pregnant but also to know the gender. Unfortunately Dr. Boheen was out of town so she couldn't do the gender check until after father's day so we decided to visit a gender ultrasound business. I was a little concerned we wouldn't be able to tell the gender since he was still so little but once she found him on the screen it was pretty obvious. Honestly I wasn't surprised. We have felt like from the beginning this one was a little boy. I was only disappointed for a second. I think Im just nervous because I'm not sure what a boy will bring and we have a ton of girl stuff. I'm really just excited he is healthy and growing well.
 14 weeks
A couple days after our ultrasound Nic was coming up to go boating with some friends and so I surprised her by showing her the pictures and tell her the good news. She was super excited and happy for us. It was fun to tell her. The next couple days I told the rest of my family. No one seemed overly excited and my mom actually called my a brat for waiting so long to tell her. I wasn't surprised but I was a little sad they weren't more excited. I told Matt from the beginning I was most excited to tell his parents. His mom's reactions are so great and she always seems so genuinely excited. See our Father's Day post for the reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment