Monday, October 31, 2022

Happy Halloween

 I was scheduled to work on Halloween so the kids got to have a day home with Matt and as soon as I got home Matt left to go to the Jazz game with his dad. The kids and I headed to our old neighborhood and then to Huntsville town. By the time we got to town it seemed like Halloween was kinda over. Alot of people had shut off their lights and were wrapping up even though it was only 7. I felt bad like we should have come here first. We found the Keys, Binghams, and Evans with their truck and trailer and they said the kids could all ride with them so I just followed in my car. And of coarse who doesn't like to trick or treat on a trailer?! 

One fun thing about working the holiday is I was given our raise and I got to see mine early because I was at work that day. I don't know if I ever saw the day that I would make what I do an hour now but Im grateful I got my education when I did and have that to rely on when I need to. 
The candy haul is always crazy and I end up having the kids pick their favorites, we put some candy aside for our Primary Children's Valentine's deliveries, and we send the rest to their teachers at school to use as they need it.
Milo hates being dressed up but it's funny for a minute. This year he was a space dog
Matt had all the kids ready to go and even remembered to take pictures which I was grateful for because I was so tired I didn't remember until we were back home and everyone was ready for bed.
Meanwhile Matt and  his dad had a great time at the game. I had to hear about it the next day because I was so tired and was totally out before Matt even left Salt Lake. But we made it all work and got everyone where they needed to be and had fun along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment