Monday, October 31, 2022

October Random

 


The kids have started their Christmas lists so we can get shopping with the possible toy shortage with the also possible railroad strike

We've got quite the army at this point
Poop prizes live on and he just keeps making some great progress with regularity
Liam has been learning about the letters in his name at preschool. He can name all of them in order but writing them were still working on
The times you dress up with your sister
As nursery leaders we have been taking the class into primary to practice as the new year is approaching. Liam was resistant at first but has come around quickly. He is learning the songs and I hear him singing them at home often. This day he was chosen to lead.
Sometimes crazy things happen and this was one of those things. I got a call from my Uncle Chris on a Sunday afternoon explaining to me that my cousin, Carson's, baby had been life flighted to Primary Children's and they needed help with their 18 month old. I of coarse said yes and got the ball rolling. Nate and Kennady were coming up to have dinner and hang out so they picked Blakely up in Utah county and brought her with us. It was a little weird for sure. I haven't seen my cousin since we were kids and they had no idea how long I would have her. It took her a while to warm up to us. Im sure her last 24 hrs being passed around and staying in a hotel had been hard. I put her in a pack n play in our closet so I could hear her when she slept at night and napped during the day. 
Liam seemed to like having a buddy and the second day she started coming out of her shell. Shortly after lunch Carson called me to let me know they were on the way to get Blakely and she and Carson were going to go back to St George while Carson's wife stayed with their baby in the hospital. I was a little sad and a little relieved. I was happy that I could help and told them I'd love to get together another time on different circumstances. 
Here is crazy hair day






No comments:

Post a Comment