Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Happy 39 to Me

 I always want my birthday to feel like a big deal and for people to remember but as an adult sometimes birthdays are weird and hard to make what you want. I have been feeling burn out and overwhelmed lately. I'm sure the weather doesn't help but I told Matt for my birthday I wanted to hear from all the people I love and to not be needed for just the day. I thought it seemed like a far fetched thought but it ended up being pretty great. I heard from Grandma Harris that I can't remember when the last time was I had her call on  my birthday. I also heard from all of my parents and siblings as well as a handful of close friends. Matt handled most of the day to day and I spent most of the day blogging. I was so far behind but one of my goals this year is to stay caught up because its hard when I get behind but having the memories written down and printed so we can read and reread our memories is the best. It's funny how as time passes the details are forgotten or changed. I had a work training that I went to for most of the morning and got home shortly after lunch to find Liam and Matt had wrapped me up a gift. I wondered what it could be because I told him I wanted to do family pictures and get my hair done for my birthday. We had already done pictures and I had an appt scheduled for my hair so I waited until the girls got home to open it of coarse to find out what it could be. But first we decided to go to dinner so neither of us had to cook(although Matt was more than willing to make dinner) or clean up. We ended up going to Longhorn Steakhouse. At the end of the year we cashed in a bunch of Matt's work credit card points and bought gift cards to do things with the kids. In my head I imagined it going smoother and more enjoyable than I did but I quickly realized that although our kids are getting older they are still kids. It was fine but there was the typical bickering, wanting what the other person ordered, and overall just not liking having to sit still for a period of time. The waiter was great and brought multiple cups of ice cream and the kids that ate got to have ice cream. Then we headed home to do presents, cake , and get everyone ready for bed. 


Inside of this heavy box was a piece of paper and some random books from around the house. Matt had ordered me the Food Nanny cookbook set! I was really excited but they were out of stock so they wouldn't be coming for a couple more weeks but I will be looking forward to when they do come so I can try a bunch of new stuff.
After doing gifts we were all tired and still full from dinner so we didn't do cake until the next day. I made strawberry shortcake with vanilla cupcakes and strawberries for topping. It was light and yummy. Sorry no pictures. Several people asked me if I could believe it was only a year until I'd be forty. I have thought about that and I don't really care what age I am. I just want to be happy and healthy. I for sure need to work on my mental health more this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment