Friday, March 29, 2013

A new baby weekend

We had such a fun and busy weekend. Friday Kim & Ez came up to stay with us for the weekend. Matt came home early from work so I could go to the hospital to visit Nic. It was nice to have a break and to hold Kinley uninterrupted for a couple hours while visiting with Nic. She is so cute, little, and perfect. When I got home I finished dinner so it would be ready when Kim and Ez got there. They brought Riggs with them to stay with us until Nic & Kyle got to head home on Saturday. It was so fun to have everyone under one roof. The kids were really good playing together and being for the most part careful and gentle with one another. -Hallie loves Luke and likes to make him laugh...I think he kinda loves her too. 

 After dinner Kim & Ez headed up to see Nic at the hospital and Matt and I got all the kids bathed and ready for bed(that was quite the project...lots of little bodies to bath and get dressed). I didn't have Riggs bag so I found some old pjs of the girls and just put him in them...we couldn't help but laugh but really he just needed some clothes so it didn't really matter. Then they watched a movie til bedtime while they ate grapes.
 Getting them to bed was a lot easier than I had anticipated after we figured out if we laid by Riggs and sang he went right to sleep. We didn't hear a peep from any of them minus one late night potty break until morning. Saturday morning Matt & Ez went to play basketball while Kimber and I made breakfast and got the kids ready for the day. Nic & Kyle got discharged about 11am and stopped by for some lunch and so the other kids could meet Kinley. Hallie was so excited but had a little bit of a runny nose so she has yet to hold her just loving her from a distance. The picture below is Riggs meet Kinley for the 1st time without window glass between them...he was pretty intrigued.
 After we got Nic & Kyle headed home Matt headed off to take his GMAT and the rest of us headed to Tremonton for Trinity's(Gingers) and Cohen's(Linnie & Jer's) blessing. It was a great day and after some lunch and visiting we headed home just in time for Matt to get home from his test. He did great in my opinion and got a 580 although he really wanted a 600 for scholarship reasons. He submitted his Masters application and we should hear in the next couple weeks. On Sunday we headed to Nic's about 1pm with Linner(lunch/dinner) in hand. My mom got there shortly after we arrived. Kimber and I made sure we got our chance to hold Kinley before my mom got there Matt even got a pretty long turn. I told him the same thing he told me...don't get any ideas...haha. She is so snuggly and lovable. Once my mom got there we ate and then in true grandma fashion she broke out the surprises and some Easter stuff. All the kids got outfits, toys, and treats. The adults weren't forgotten either we got awesome treats too. Hallie loves her little computer she got.
 My mom brought her basket of eggs(since when she comes next week she will be flying) and her bunny ears  for us to snap some pictures of the kids. Nothing fancy but I think we got more laughs out of trying to set them each up. Gracie slept through the whole process so we will have to try again another day.
 Riggs was so excited until we got him all ready ...then he was done.
 After a long and busy weekend it was nice to come home for some relaxing with a smoothie and a book.
I love fun weekends like this but they sure are exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment