Friday, March 29, 2013

Projects & Daddy Time

Now that Matt is done with his test and we have a small window before he starts the Masters program we have switched into project mode. The 1st-bookshelf. We like books around here and often buy them instead of toys. Gracie had a little 2 cube bookshelf  and it quickly became to small for all the books we have. And luckily Matt is extremely handy and built her this bookshelf. After a few coats of paint it was ready to go. I thought look at all the space she has for more books then I brought all the board books up from Hallie room now it is pretty much full so we shall see how it works out but we were pretty impressed at how it turned out.
 Along with doing all the projects Matt has been trying to also find time to spend with the girls. The best way to do that has been to combined activities. He has been running in an effort to become more healthy so he packs the girls the the jogging stroller and off they go. He often times stoops on the way back and chases the girls around or in these pictures blow bubbles. He is such a good dad...but then again I never doubled that he would be.

 Projects 2&3 Next spring we will probably move Gracie downstairs with Hallie. With Matt starting the Masters program, working and teaching 2 coarse next fall I will probably be on my own a lot...I just keep telling myself it will be worth it. So we decided during his off time we should get Gracie's room ready it has been pretty fun so far and since we aren't really in a rush it makes it more enjoyable...oh the joys of planning ahead. Were going to do coral and turquoise with white. We have quite a bit of furniture to redo including a bed and dresser(that I am still looking for). So I started small with the night stand and lamp shade and I think it will look really good once we get it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment