Friday, March 29, 2013

Hallie 3 1/2 & the dentist

Hallie at 3 1/2 has continued to change a lot. She has developed a little bit of a attitude at times mostly when she is exerting her independence. Luckily for the most part she just need a reminder not to act like that and to just use her words to say what she is thinking and we work through it. She loves to sing, play pretend, and read stories. She loves to cuddle and stalls almost every night to go to bed. She is very sweet and compassionate towards other people. She says some of the funniest things lately. The other day some judge show on and she said "look mom its judge judy but a man is in judy's seat." The other night she got up in the middle of the night to go potty for some reason she likes to come upstairs and go but usually just comes to go potty and goes back to bed. This particular night she came in and asked me to tuck her back in I(a little irritated she woke me up) told her she was fine and to go back to bed. A few minutes went by and just as I started to fall back asleep I heard a timid little voice, "mommy, m-o-m-m-y," yes Hallie. "Can I tell you something" yes Hallie what is it. "If you come tuck me in and in the morning you eat all your breakfast I will give you a treat." Needless to say I couldn't help but laugh and got up to tuck her back in bed. A couple weekends ago Kim & Ez came to stay and Luke was having a hard time pooping. Hallie has decided she really likes babies. She was talking to Luke while Kim was rubbing his belly and said, "So your having a hard time pooping huh? Sometimes I have a hard time pooping and I sit on the potty and grab my knees and just push really hard. Maybe you should try that." Kim and I were trying so hard not to laugh because she was being completely serious. Hallie has had a snotty nose for I swear like the last 6 weeks on and off. Last week she spiked a temp and said her tummy hurt. She laid around for a couple of days and then seemed to be back to her normal self. Hallie went to the dentist....not for the first time but the was the first time they did xrays and cleaning beyond counting her teeth and letting her sit in the chair. We had been talking about it for a few days and Hallie was excited to go. In the past I have had to hold her so the dentist could look at her teeth but this time she informed me that she was a big girl and could do it herself. She did really well and the dentist said everything looks good.

We have decided not to put her in preschool next year and to just let her take dance and spend time at home. We are thinking we will do one of the online programs just to let her have something different to do. With the money we would have spent on preschool were going to buy different passes to places and take the kids there instead. For a couple of reasons 1-she will spend many years away from us and want to enjoy all the time I can with her. Realistically she doesn't need preschool she is already doing everything she needs to do to go to Kindergarten. 2-I like having the freedom to go to Salt Lake with my sisters for the day to the zoo, to lunch, or just to hang out. Life will only get busier so were going to enjoy the simple life as long as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment