Saturday, October 25, 2014

Gardner Village

Gardner Village is another tradition when it comes to Halloween and Fall. This year we made plans so that we could go while my mom was in town. She came this weekend so that she and her siblings could be proxy to have my grandma sealed to her parents. She has waited a long time for this and I can't wait to hear how it went. My mom came up on Thursday so we met her at Gardner Village and it worked out great it wasn't busy which allowed the kids move freedom than if it would have been busy. The shops no longer allow strollers but was surprised no one complained about being tired and both girls did great at listening and staying close. The different witches they have are so creative and fun. Although I think that the witches are all the same each year I think I notice different ones. Matt isn't a fan of Gradner Village so its a great thing for me to do with my mom and sisters. Although with Kimber moving this year we missed her and Luke sharing the day with us.
 The pony rides are the anticipation of the trip. They have several activities for the kids including a new activity area but they each cost about 5 dollars so I told the girls that they could choose one activity and one treat near the end if they were good. I don't even think they hesitated when they choose to ride the horse. The few kids in line in front of them was like torture for them they were all so excited. I was pleasantly surprised when my mom offered to pay for each of the kids to ride a pony...it was very thoughtful and I appreciated it. So while we waited for our turn I took the kids over to pet the horse which helped keep them busy.
 Then they each got to choose which horse they wanted to ride and learned a little about them and their names. 




 And then we were off. They were able to have 2 guides so the kids could go all together
 After the horse ride the kids got to pick out what they wanted for a balloon shape. Hallie and Gracie picked out flowers in their favorite colors and Rigs picked a sword
 One of the witches was a fireman watering into their stream the kids thought that was pretty funny
 And of coarse where there is water these kids want to be in it or at least touch it....we settled with touching it. And Im happy to report no one fell in!!!!
 Then it was time for treats!!! The candy store there is awesome they have hand made fudge, carmel apples, and chocolate dipped cheesecake...seriously awesome. Although there were a lot of choices the girls ended up with some great pics. Gracie a pineapple and strawberry popsicle. And although this picture doesn't show it she really enjoyed it
 Hallie picked one of my favorites an apple pie caramel apple...it definitely din't disappoint

 Hallie was to busy playing to have a picture with us but we enjoyed some cuddle time and she even shared her popsicle. 
 On our way back to the car both girls were very interested in the water wheel so we took a minute to check it out more closely
 Once we got back to the car grandma had another surprise for the girls. While we were in Vegas mom and I shopped for yarn to make these hats and they didn't disappoint with the end results. They turned out so cute!

After the squeals and hugs of excitement we loaded up and headed for Nic's house to have dinner. It was awesome and tasted so good after our day out and about. We had tai peanut pork and asparagus. After some more chatting, playing, and cleaning up dinner the girls and I headed for home to go to bed for the night. It was a great day spent with the ones I love the most. Yet another day that helped the time pass as Matt was once again out of town, Im so thankful for my thoughtful sister that made sure she planned so we could all have dinner together to end a great day spent with one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment