Thursday, October 9, 2014

To Grandma's House We Go!!!!

Last week the girls and I packed our bags to head for Vegas for a couple days. But before we did that I decided to get a yucky stomach bug...it was miserable. So needless to say I wasn't ready when the time came to board the plane but we made it work. I made sure I pack plenty of things to settle my stomach and even packed a coke through security just in case. Brit was nice enough to drive us to the airport. We quickly did sky cap, got through security, and to our gate shortly before boarding began. Matt was great enough to give me a blessing before we left and I felt at ease that everything would be ok...which is way not like me before I fly. I was grateful for that. Once we boarded the girl quickly found the menu and decided what they would order for a drink and snack. You would think they had done this before. I hope they always love to fly and don't get my motion sickness.
 This is our group selfie once we were belted it.
 Grandma here we come
Each of the girls packed their own rolling suitcase and were pretty thrilled to pull them. It also slowed them down and kept them at my pace so we could easily stay together without having to hold on to both of them
 Once we got to grandma's house we ate lunch and had a naps before we loaded up and headed to watch Maddie play volleyball. Here was our line of friends headed into the game
 The game was a lot of fun. The kids had a few moments they got antsy but a few flights of stairs settled them back down and about half way through we took a treat run to the snack bar. I loved watching the girls cheer for Maddie and yelling for her. I really enjoy watching volleyball and I hope one day one of our kids chooses to play. Friday we got up and ready and went to run some errands. We found yarn for the girls Frozen hats, some leggings at Ross, and did some grocery shopping for Luke's birthday party before grabbing lunch and heading home. Gracie was exhausted and quickly crashed. Hallie stayed up and played with my mom while I napped to..
 While we were there we also celebrated Hallie's birthday. My parents gave her a drive-able Barbie car that they spent the remainder of the weekend playing with
 Thursday after nap, actually everyday we were there after nap time was swim time. My parents were great to swim and play with the girls. My dad actually got Gracie to float on her back.
 Saturday morning was the biannual yard sale for the entire community my parents live in. This is not just any yard sale it is the best yard sale I have ever been to it is totally my favorite. We started at the park where there was 60 yard sales alone. After the park we hauled our loot home before we headed back out to the individual communities. We ended up with a lot of great stuff!!! I love yard sale shopping in Vegas. Then we headed home to prep for Luke's 2nd birthday party. Kimber had found these cute ideas for cakes. Luke currently loves Cars and minions so the theme was minions. The cake and cupcake 
The kids had a ball playing in the splash pad and on the playground. The weather was just perfect for them to run around and play

 Then it was time to eat. Kimber decided on hot dogs and chips since that is one of Luke's favorite foods. After we had our fill of them we moved on to cake and cupcakes. Hallie was playing before I got a picture of her but Gracie took her time licking all the frosting off of her cupcake...and seemed to really enjoy it.
 We played as long as we could before the sun went down and we couldn't see any more then we headed home for baths and bedtime. It was a day full of fun for both the kids and me. Sunday we got up and were able to listen to the 1st session of conference before papa took us to the airport to fly home to our daddy. By this point I was missing Matt so badly and couldn't wait to get home. Here we are just before boarding we sent this to Matt to let him know we were on our way home.
When we got to the airport I was so thrilled to see Matt standing in the recieving area. I was exhausted and thrilled I didn't have to haul the girls and all our stuff to find him in the parking area. He had made this darling sign with our name on it....it was really thoughtful
Although we had a good time I was so happy and relieved to be home. Weekends like this remind me of what a homebody I am! Gracie never slept good while we were in Vegas so I was very ready for a full nights sleep. We had a great time spending time and making memories with everyone. Im thankful for technology and the opportunity we have to be able to fly and be from one place to another in a fraction of a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment