Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Frozen Party

Last year when Froaen came out all Hallie talked about was having a Frozen birthday party. Matt and I both thought she would possibly change her mind in the following year but she didn't. So now that she was turning 5 it was finally time for the much anticipated Frozen party. I had called all over to finally find a Frozen themed bounce house Hallie was thrilled. But as the date got closer the weather was looking worse and worse. I luckily was able to schedule the church so we had a dry place to play. When the day came I was so glad we had an alternate location because it rained pretty much all day!!



 Here is the cake!! Hallie and I had multiple party planning "meetings" in which she picked out most of the party details. It was a lot of fun and gave she and I some alone time to work together. Matt is a rockstar. We were able to put the cake together. I showed him a picture of what she wanted and while I frosted and filled cupcakes her completed the Elsa cake. He seriously amazes me everyday!
 Hallie even picked out the cupcake flavors...tagalong with pb frosting, oreo, pink lemonade, and chocolate carmel




 Then we had some Frozen snacks complete with character signs









 With all the snacks out once everyone arrived we decided to eat while everyone got settled and visited. It was a hit pretty much all the kids sat at one table while the adults all sat at different tables....it was pretty funny
 Then we decided to sing and do cake and ice cream. Hallie had a funfetti cake with a blueberry filling layer...mm good

 I think she sampled everyone but your only 5 once right ?!?
 Gracie was happy to eat the frosting off of the Elsa doll once she came off the cake...this girl loves frosting
 Then present time. Hallie got several very nice gifts. She got mostly books which I love for so many reasons.
 This is quite possibly Hallie's favorite gift...she loves this Tinkerbell


 Some of our party guests

 I could never get anything done without this guy. My partner in crime and love of my life
 Never a dull moment with this guy
 This was our "prop" to take pictures in front of the kids really seemed to enjoy it




And maybe some of the adults..lol



There wasa bridal shower at the church at the same time they were gracious enough to move to a smaller room so we could have the gym. So we thought it only appropriate to share our bounce house
Then it was time for clean up. We have wonderful friends that helped us set up and take down. They are willing to jump in and help us when we most need it. There help was more appreciated than they will ever know. I really missed having my family there to help me with everything. This is the 1st birthday party we have ever done without them and it was a lot more work for just Matt and I. That is one really frustrating thing with Matt's family is that they are  perfect at asking if we need help just as everything is cleaned up and then leave but we just try to plan for that so we aren't left cleaning up alone....maybe someday that will change. All in all it was a great time celebrating this sweet and spunky girls 5th birthday. Happy birthday to the little girl that made us parents! 

No comments:

Post a Comment