Thursday, August 13, 2015

Boating & Em's First Time on the Boat

I love the lake and have really missed the peace that comes when on the lake this summer. With everything that is going on with the house there is just no time. Luckily for us my family was able to get a boating day in while they were here for Emery's blessing. It was such a great day and it went way to fast. We decided to go to Pineview and I felt pretty guilty knowing that Matt was working on the house while I was playing in the sun. Emery really seemed to like the boat and was pretty chill for the day.
I rented a paddle board and took it up with us to try out. It was a lot of fun. I think everyone got a turn in and the kids even got rides. I think we will definitely take one again 
I can't help but laugh at this picture. Kinley wanted to ride with Maddy and this the position she took
I found these hats at ghetto mart and they are fantastic boating hats. The girls heads, neck, and face stayed protected all day. They were really good to leave them on 
We set up a little camp on the beach, with 5 little ones it can make the boat pretty crazy so we rotated which the kids loved because they played in the sand and on the beach.

When we tried out the paddle board I ended up with Rigs, Hallie, and Gracie riding with me. They were so silly and just laughed and played while we paddled around
It was so nice to have a cool place for Emery. She spent her entire day on the boat under the shade. 
I think my mom enjoyed and used the paddle board the most she loved it. I see more paddle boarding in her future.
Our cute flag holder
Kinley and Em even got a nap in. 
Then Emery was telling grandma about all of her adventures on the boat
Playing on the beach
Nate was hilarious.. Before he left he never had skied so he decided to try and then dropped one and didn't even crash! It was pretty crazy although we were teasing him it was just beginners luck
Mom even did some skiing. She has had so many health issues lately I was glad she got out there and did it. After all we got our love from the lake from both her and my dad
The water wasn't bad so I gave it a shot. I struggled finding smooth water but got a few good turns in before I took one of the worst wrecks I have had in as long as I can remember. I drank a bunch of the lake and felt as if I might die the next day if I had to move...lol. Yes I am feeling old
After we packed up we went up to the lot to see the progress. I took Rigs and Kinley home with me since Nic and Kyle were staying to boat with the YW. It was a little crazy and a construction site isn't exactly the best place for kids so we didn't stay long. When we loaded up Emery was just sitting like this I thought is was so cute.
And when I talked to her this is the look I got...this is a new face for her...pretty funny
On the way home we grabbed pizza dinner and after eating got everyone in the tub and settled in for a movie. Everyone was exhausted and ready for bed. It was a fun day in the sun can't wait to go again

No comments:

Post a Comment