Monday, August 7, 2017

Day at the Zoo with Cousins

Monday I was able to get off work so we could all go to the zoo before mom and Kim headed back to Vegas. Nic and I were about 30 minutes behind my mom and Kim because the kids were so tired. When we got there we realized we had dressed Rigs, Hallie, and Kinners in the same color. 

We were just in time for the elephant encounter...they did tricks and the kids loved it

Then straight to the bird show. We were there so early we were on the 2nd row. Since we were early the kids kept themselves busy playing on the rail and dancing


Here's the mom row
Rigs got picked to participate. Hallie wanted to but once she saw how excited Rigs was she was pointing to him and wanted him to get picked...it was really cute

All day counting to 7..lol

Then Grandma and Kim decided to head home but we stayed and played since we had been rushed all morning so mom and Kim could see everything. Before they left we let the kids ride the carousel...they really liked that. Then Kim decided to let Luke ride the train. He hadn't been good so Im not sure why but he's not my kid. I was grateful when Nic stuck with me and we decided that since our kids had chosen to ride the carousel that they would have to ride the train the next time. We left and headed to let the kids play at the splash pad. They quickly forgot about the train and loved playing in the water. The 3 in blue were soaked but not Gracie
Can you see her standing to the side? As we were leaving to go see more animals I asked why she didn't get soaked like the others and she informed me that her "phone" was in her pocket and she couldn't get it wet. Both Nic and I couldn't stop laughing
Then we decided it was time to head for home to avoid traffic but first pics with the elephant


I love going places with Nic we just flow so well together. I think we are just used being together it has gotten to the point its just really enjoyable to go together. The kids play so well together and know what the rules are. I love having them close. On the way out Hallie got Gracie's neck stuck in the turn gate. I was ahead of them but Nic saw it and yelled for me to help. She grabbed Gracie and I hit the turn fence really hard and Nic was able to get Gracie free. Luckily she was ok just really shook up. It was definitely time to go home..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment