Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Soaking Up the Last Days of Summer

The girls have made some great friends since moving to the valley. My favorite days are the ones where they all play peacefully outside enjoying the sunshine and each other. Since school started the days have become farther and fewer between with fall coming. But this one particular day it was so beautiful and hot so we pretended like it was still summer and played in the sunshine until it went down. I only hate that Hallie is in school and misses moments like this....I definitely miss her when she's gone all day.
This is Morgan, Gracie, and Bronson...Gracie's closest friends
That evening the forecast was looking beautiful for the following day so I talked Matt into taking the day off, letting the kids ditch school, and called a few friends to join us. We had such a great time the water was picture perfect and I had the most amazing pass on the slalom it was what I had waited for all summer.  The kids dance, played in the sand, and ate to their content. Em and "her boating" song. I love this girl and her spice for life
Shortly after I skied the wind kicked up and the weather turned bad quickly by the time we got back o our beach spot everything was scattered and the people that had stayed back were quickly trying to get stuff together and get out of there. The weather went from bad to worse with the waves getting so big they were coming over the side of the boat. We quickly headed for the dock to get the boat out of the water. Of coarse Em and Grace fell asleep and didn't even seem phased by the weather. It was quite possibly the scariest time I've had on the boat in a long time.  Once I dropped Matt off to get the truck I was sick to my stomach. How on earth was I going to get the boat on the trailer with the weather the way it was. Then I asked Hallie if she thought we should say a prayer and we both agreed we should. I said a quick and urgent prayer asking Heavenly Father to help keep the girls and I safe and helping me to have the focus and luck I needed to get the boat on the trailer as quickly as possible. After I finished Hallie trustingly put her hand on my leg and we were headed into the trailer. The boat got tossed around pretty good but Matt and I managed to get it on on the first try. Somehow it was also perfectly centered. I can't even explain the relief as we pulled out of the water and I realized that Heavenly Father knows me and heard me that day and we now were safe and sound on dry land.




Although the ending was rough we did have a great time prior to the weather changing. I have never seen the weather change so quickly on the water but Im so grateful everyone was safe and we made it home all well.

No comments:

Post a Comment